Thursday, June 4, 2009

My Big Girl!




Gracie finished 1st grade yesterday! I can't believe it! I am so proud of the kind of girl she is. She does very well in school. She received Excellent for each behavioral category on her 4th quarter report card, and her teacher made a comment that she was a "model student". Not only is she wonderful at school she is just as wonderful at home. She is always trying to help me with things. She asks me if there are any chores that need to be done. AND she is a perfect big sister. About two months ago Grant was getting in trouble because he kept coming out of their room when it was time to go to bed. After yelling at him a couple of times and putting him back in his bed I decided to sit right outside the door to listen and see if he was causing trouble. After a few minutes I heard a little voice, but it wasn't Grants. It was Gracie singing the lullaby, Baby Mine from Dumbo. I've sung this song to both my kids since they were tiny babies. She was singing him to sleep. She always feels bad for him when he gets in trouble (which is often). I almost started crying when I heard that. It was so sweet! I love you Grace! The pictures are Gracie on the first day of 1st grade and on last day of 1st grade.

No comments: