Sunday, October 21, 2007

The Lost Tooth



Last week when Gracie came through he door after school she proceeded to tell me, "Mommy, I have a loose tooth." Then she showed me that she could wiggle it back and forth. I said, "Oh my gosh, did you get hurt or something, or is it just loose?" She said she didn't get hurt and that it was just loose. Her first loose tooth! We were all so excited! The next day we received some exciting mail, a letter from the tooth fairy telling Gracie how excited she was for her and what would happen if she placed the tooth under her pillow after it fell out. She was so excited! She carried that letter around and even slept with it. Then about two days later while eating a rice crispy treat somehow it came out without her even knowing it and she swallowed it. So, I had to let her know that sometimes that happens but the tooth fairy still comes. All you have to do is make another tooth out of paper and leave that one under you pillow instead. So, she made her fake tooth and we placed it right under her pillow. The next morning I went in to check on her before she woke up and saw a dollar laying there next to her in bed. She must have found it in the night and gone back to sleep. After she woke up she showe dme the dollar and asked me if we could go buy something and I had to remind her that it was Sunday. So, since it was Sunday she had to take the dollar to church and this Sunday happen to be the primary program. So there she sat up in front of the whole ward flashing her dollar in front of all her friends faces during sacrament meeting. I was so glad when I saw her teaching tell her to put it away. Anyway, it has been a lot of fun having our fist experience with a lost tooth.

No comments: